Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Reason In Which I ALMOST got kicked out of the funeral....

HAHA! Yup, bout darn near got my booty kicked out of the funeral home! But it was hilarious. Ok maybe in a sick twisted sort of way, but really it was. Let me tell you the story first, and then YOU try and tell me it's not funny. When we first got there, My Dad and I, that is we signed the "guest book", which I don't understand, but I digress. We then went up to the front of the funeral home where the open casket sat. Let me start by telling you a lil' bit about Sr. He was a great, noble, straight shooter kind of guy. You might not like what he said, but he wasn't going to sugar coat or beat around the bush about anything. He'd tell it like it is. IF he thought it was B.S. he'd say JUST That. Whatever that's the kind of guy he was, and everybody loved him for it. He had a BIG truck that he had tricked out, and it was ALWAYS clean. He was forver tinkering with it. He had restored an old '68' Bell something..haha can't think of what it's called. Anyway, he also LOVED to fish at the cabin, and ride his motorcycle. He was that kind of guy. But had the heart of gold. Even if he didn't have the shirt to give you, he'd still give you 3. Society lost a GREAT guy on Sunday. So. We approached the casket and Sr was wearing a nice pair of blue jeans, and an awesome Harley Davidson shirt. But when you looked at Sr. himself, he looked like a wax figure. His skin looked like BABY pink, there was NOTHING natural about the color of his skin from all the make up they used on him. His hands, were an odd color too, they had wrapped his rosary around his hands as well. Apparently he was Cathlic? The funny part was, all you could see of his rosary were the beads, they had the cross inside his hands where you couldn't see it. So when we left, I asked my Dad if he was practicing Witchcraft of some sort, or had some strange religous beliefs I was unaware of. His religious beliefs are unimportant to me, I was just curious. Had the cross part been out where it could be seen I would have known right away what it was. But I was also unaware of the fact that when they bury Catholics they bury them with a rosary in their hands. I'd had never been to a Catholic funeral before, call me naive, but I hadn't so I just simply didn't know that. Of course I felt really stupid after the fact and am glad I waited until we left to ask my Dad about it. I couldn't help myself and laugh at the fact that he looked soo much like a wax figure though. I wanted to slap the ol' man and tell him to get up and dance! Sr. had this laugh that was unmistakable and hearty.

Moving on...

So ya know Apple? The computer company with the apple on it? Ya, that one. So they have Imac,s Ipods, I phones, and now even an Ipad... where the hell is the Ibrator? I mean they have everything elses, but wheres the Ibrator? Talk about am multi-purpose tool. I mean they are PORTABLE. You could truly fulfill ALL your daily needs with one of those. Need I say more... No? I didn't think so.

Well, I hope everybody is having an awesome weekend. I'm sure I'll be back at some point with more stupid craziness we call life!

No comments: