Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dysauto what?!

Well, after not being able to get into my blog for a while I am going to change my forum again? Forum? No, um readership yes, and maybe theme is a better word. I have since discovered I am not the only "freak" as I've been called who is sick ALL the time, and suffers from severe Dysautonomia or POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). I am VERY thankful to know that I AM not making up the crazy seemingly unrelated symptoms associated with this debilitating disease. There is a whole list of symptoms associated with this and I have almost every single one of them, yet none of them seem to make sense when associated with one another. I can feel this diseas slowly taking over my life and there is nothing I can do about it. I also deal with the complications and issues associated with Type 1 Diabetes, asthma, kidney complications, and heart issues outside of tachycardia. None of them any fun! But like anything else in life we figure out how to live and how to move on and keep on keeping on. I would like to find some way to semi manage some of the complications of this POTS. Sure beta-blockers work, but there has to be other ways of making this diseae easier to live with. I either have to control it, or let it control me. So control it, it will be. I've started thinking about a gym membership this week, hopefully working out a few times a week will help. Not sure, but I can hope, right?! I'm hoping to meet other people with this same condition to see what they do, or where to go to get help with this condition. Every doctor I see seems to think that I am making this up seeing as how none of these symptoms make any sense when associated with each other so they quickly blow me off. But I think it's time to start checking into this more, as this seems to get worse and worse over time. So.......if you know anybody with this or have any ideas I would love to hear about them.
P.S. My next post won't be such a debbie downer...I'm sure I'll be back to post about the outcome of the BIG game! GO VIKES!

No comments: